Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOME SUGGESTIONS NEEDED PLEASE!
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Shawn
hello everyone,

ok, just some suggestions over possible boards are needed. I thought of 'general' and 'poetry', but am hard-pressed for other boards. I don't think 'neuroscience' or 'consciousness' would be big hits at the moment. Perhaps a 'philosophy' board would work though.

take care!

Shawn  

Dara
Hi Shawn, my only suggestion so far, is to keep things here open and free. I believe it may take off slowly, but before long, this will be the best poetry forum on the web!  I feel like I am home here, tahnks Shawn!
Love, Dara wink.gif
Dara
How can I get a picture form my computer to be displayed here? I am curious... ???
Thanks, Dara
COTDT
hey shawn... i like all the topics!  this website is like a collection of all my favorite topics! i was thinking that maybe neuroscience/conciousness should have its own forum, or combine them into philosophy since conciousness and philosophy sometimes overlap.
Shawn
Agreed!  I think it would be a good idea to have a neuroscience/consciousness board.  Originally, I had some hesitations about having separate boards for each, but it's a good idea to combine them.

thanks for the suggestion.  The new board should be up in a couple of mins.

take care,

Shawn
Shawn
hello Dara,

yes, this forum will remain free and open.  About uploading pics, what I did was cut and paste the url for a pic.  That is, i used a url for a pic that was already on a server.  However, the question of whether you can upload a pic from the hard-drive or not, you should be able to, but I'm not sure if you can at the moment.  I know I had problems getting it to work, which is why I resorted to using a url for a pic that was already on the internet.  If you want, just send me the pic you want to use, and then I'll upload it to a server and send you the url to use.

take care,

Shawn
Dara
Thaks Shawn! You are the best! I think I would like a pictur of my cat, Bart to be on each and every one of my posts! That may seem odd to some, but Bart is my beautiful girl, my forst born child I always call her. SHe is my savior in this crazy world, and to have her seen by many people would be just like sharing a peice of heaven with the world!

All my love, Dara
lover_with_wingz
Shawn!

Hey I just posted you a looooong message I am known for those but I wil try to keep this one sweet and simple I am glad this place will remain open and free! It is wonderful and I too feel at home once again! as I said in my other post I would love to offer a board or forum for disabilities and I think it will fit well at this site! If you are interested please let me know! This is a huge thing for me to continue my advocacy! I also think Dara should open up another abuse forum! (Sorry Dara didn't mean to step on ya by offering up this as a board but I think you would do a wonderful job and there is a need as abuse of any kind can never again remain silent!) I love your doggie pic too it is so cute well those were my thoughts and suggestions for possible boards if I think  of anymore I will be sure to let you know ;D
                                                                Love,
                                                                  Chrissy
Shawn
hello Dara,

sure, send me the pic of your dog and I'll send you the url where I'll post it on the web so that you can have the pic alongside your profile here.

Sometime in the near future, I'll try to fix things so that you can search your own hard-drive for pics to place by your profile, since it seems currently unable to do that.

Also, what's this about an abuse board?  Is that something you'd want?

take care,

Shawn
Hi-top
Hey Shawn do you think you can put up a board thin for if you have family or friend problems so we can get advice because i live with just my brother and my dad and i get along with none of them?!
its only a suggestion

~Hi-top~
Shawn
hi Hi-top,

Your idea sounds good, but please send me a message, or post it here, just telling me 'exactly' what you want.   At minimum, what do you want the board to be called?  And who do you want to moderate the board?

Cheers,

Shawn
Hi-top
Can it be something like Need Advice? or something
and if its not too much to ask do you think +Steve can be the moderater? He helped me with problems and my best friend.

~Hi-top~
Shawn
consider it done.  The only thing I modified was 'Advice' instead of 'Need Advice?'.   Please let me know if this works.

Shawn
Hi-top
alright thanks I can really tell you and +Converse are friends ;D

~Hi-top~
Hi-top
are you going to have poetry contests on here?

~Hi-top~
Shawn
that sounds like a very good idea, Hi-top.  Thank you for suggesting it to me.  Let me sleep on it and take it up tomorrow.

take care, and good night,

Shawn
Hi-top
good night

~Hi-top~
Y2Jessy
You could have a quotations board of some sort... It's just a suggestion, though I do realise that it's not a very good one...
~Jessy  
Wenn ich wird nicht sein mich, das werde?
Shawn
that's an excellent suggestion, Y2Jessy.  Thank you, and consider it done.  Do you have any moderators in mind? Would you mind being one?  I have to run at the moment, but will be back later today.  I'm looking forward to any quotes you may post.

take care,

Shawn
+Steven Curtis Lance
Dearest Shawn:  Everything is unfolding like the lotus.  I thank you yet again, my friend.  If you would like me to serve as moderator of the poetry forum, I will.  I do have experience...  But more importantly, what about Dara serving as moderator of a forum dedicated to the survivors of abuse, and dealing with this entire area of human experience?  She did this at the other site, and did it well.  And what Chrissy was talking about to you the other day was the fact that she serves as an advocate for the disabled, and had a forum on disabilities at the other site; could she do the same here?  If anyone mentions me on the other site now, they face banishment.  I am the very devil himself to the administrator of the site where once I worked so hard to serve and was so happy.  I hope my friends Dara and Chrissy will be able to continue their good work in those two areas which touch me deeply: for I am a survivor of abuse, and a disabled person as well.  As for the quotation forum, no one would be better for it than Jessy.  She would be wonderful.  I am enjoying the advice forum, the "Dear +Steve," as Dara called it.  Pesky and adored little sister!  Thanks again for welcoming us in this our exile.  We have found a new and better and more loving home.  "The sleep of reason breeds monsters."
lover_with_wingz
I love you +Steve!

You are the absolute best! I want you to know that I feel very deeply and am extremely hurt by what has happened to you at the other site! You are a wonderful and special person and friend and you have so much to offer! What was done to you was beyond being rude and crude!! You were the first person to reach out to me and offer your friendship on voicesnet! You befriended a complete stranger in me and took the time to get to know me! I will never forget our phone conversation we had and how deeply you have touched me! You are a wondeful person never EVER forget that! You have so many talents with writing and being a compassionate person! I thank you for your continued support about me having a forum here I would love the idea and I hope Dara can continue her tradition here with her abuse forum! I also would like to send you my sincere Sympathy on what has happened to your precious Silke! She is indeed a stature of pure survival and determination! I know how much she means to you my friend and I continue to pray for her daily as well as for you I know how hard this is for you! but remember I am ALWAYS here for you! and I know Dara is as well! You said it best we have found a more loving home here and I hope it continues to grow! I have sent Shawn some posts but he hasn't responded Maybe he doesn't like me  ??? I hope he understands that I wish to be a good friend and be a powerful influence here at this site! I am going to keep my forum open for now at voices only so I can continue offering hope and support but as far as other posting there  I am unsure as I am very much hurt by what JJ has done to you! :'( well I will let you go for now!
                                                        Much Love + prayers
                                                         Chrissy
Shawn
hi Chrissy,

No, I do like you and encourage your posts.  I apologize if I sent out the wrong signal.  I've tried to respond to your posts, and did for a couple of them, but have just been kept busy with other things, and so it's possible I overlooked.  

In any event, your board and Dara's will be created shortly.  Thank you again, Steve, for your kind comments, and happily agree that this place is unfolding like the lotus, no doubt due largely to your efforts and Dara's, and others who I'm grateful to.

Like the busy bee, I fly away, for now at least.

Kindest regards,

Shawn  
cotdt
I think poetry contests would be great!
lover_with_wingz
Hey Everyone! i have a couple of Suggestions

1. how about a Board dedicated to the men and woman lost and to those who survived the horrific ordeal of 9/11 I realize this is a strong topic politically as well as emotionally but maybe we could combined the two into one board or what not also I think it should be a dedication to the hereos the men and women who risks andsome who lost there lives doing what they do best save lives. This was an event sadly I am afraid none of us will soon forget and in some cases we should celebrate in remberance of those lost and those who survived a loss! It is no doubt a part of our history now!  Maybe Aled would care to moderate for this I know he has some strong and valid points on this issue this is just a thought.

well ok I will let this be my couple for now I have a few more but am unsure of how poeple may take the issues as they are controversal and I wish not to step on anyone!
Let me know what you think about the 9/11 topic

Thanks~
                                                            Love,
                                                            Chrissy
Aled
Dear all,

Chrissy - I am flattered that my name was mentioned. You're right, I have a lot of strong political views, but I don't think I can take on the role of Moderator here now: I'm going through a period of intense school work, and I'm moderator on the unmentionable forum. I don't think I'd do a very good job at the minute...

I like some of the suggestions, though...
+Steven Curtis Lance
Yes, Aled, indeed you are moderator several times over on "the unmentionable forum," that is, Voicesnet.  I just got an email from your beloved JJ wherein he again accuses me of child molestation.  Serious stuff.  That's why people have attorneys and, let me assure you, and JJ, I have one.  You are brilliant, but you are young.  Naive, perhaps?  I am a very successful father of three wonderful children, including a daughter, and I have worked with young people all of my life.  No one, not even your JJ, calls me a child molester with impunity.  I would advise you to advise him to back off, right here, right now.  I never forget.  Never.    
Dara
+Steve,
I know being called the unmentionable abuser that you were referred as is so psinful for you to hear. I know in my heart of hearts, that you are nothing that he has said you are. YOU my dear friend, my closest broter, are saintly in my eyes!!! I hope saintly is a real word, if not, I will create that word, and it will be used only in reference to you!
I love you, and I alwys will. I will stick by you and be with you wherever you go!
All my love to you, Dara, your sister and forever friend!
Dara
Hey, he, and you know who HE is, must be going power crazy, cause I am banned too! HA HA HA!!! Good thing I don't care, hu? wink.gif
Love to all, Dara
+Steven Curtis Lance
We are a band of the banned.  

In your FACE, power-mad and constipated losers!

We will live, and love, and laugh.  
We will be free.

I will work hard to become a great poet.
I will show them all.
This I swear.

I never forget.
Never.

Dara
WOrds of power my friend, words of power. All I know is I live each day being a GOOD person, doing GOOD for others, and being KIND...when I go to bed at night, my heart feels happy knowing I did my very best for the day. Now, I havepersonal issues, and THAT may interfere with my sleep, but I can rest assured I didnt hurt anyone that day! wink.gif I know the same goes for you!
So, we both will succeed, in spite of those who try to beat us down!
And, Like you, I NEVER forget either. My heart remembers it all...
All my love, Dara
lover_with_wingz
Aled I know you may be a busy person but you have so much to offer that was why I suggestedyou being moderator for this forum! It seems so much happier here than at voicesnet! So many people got hurt and it seems JJ is woorking you so much because he can not find others to do moderating jobs for he has degraded so many people! :-[ I however mean no disrespect and I repsect your reasons for staying at voices but I am
glad you have cosen to come aboard here too!

Steve and Dara! You are two beautiful and kind people please let know one bring your spirits done and I am glad to see that has not happened! Dara I am only sorry you got banned form voices because you had a powerful forum going there but Ia m very confident that you will succeed well here as it seems to be sa more pleasant and happy environment! +Steve I had no idea JJ was accusing you of such a horrible thing! This makes me very sad and hurt ans well as betrayed! Child molestion goes on all over the world asnd many cases go unreported so this is not a matter to joke around about and go around accusing innocent kind people of suc a milicious act! I ma very angry by this! My father was once accussed by his own sister that he was molesting us kids and that hew molestested her as  a child it caused a great deal of turmoil n my family of course it was not true but my bro sis and I almost got sent away and why for mere revenge to hurt my dad! This is so sad! Abuse as this is something sensitive and should never be taken likely +Steve I can only imagine how this makes you feel but JJ is a insensitive and uncaring individual and he had me fooled! I am only sorry he did all of this to you! You never deserved it! You only tried to be a good person and as Dara said you need to go to bed at nite knowing you are a good person! What JJ has been doing is apalling! again my apologies I had no idea how far JJ was going! but no matter what I am 100% on yours and Dara side! Kick butt and let the world know who's boss!
                                                       Love Always Chrissy
+Steven Curtis Lance
Chrissy, I reserve the right to prosecute for slander and libel, so I can't speak to this issue in detail, but the individual in question telephoned my publisher and accused me of horrible things, ostensibly trying to defame me and destroy my book deal and publishing career with my principal publisher.  He didn't realize when he blundered into this that my publisher is like a second mother to me--she is, in fact, exactly the same age as my late mother--and she defended me indignantly and vigorously.  Yes, the slanders  which he spoke against me, and the sly innuendos with which he libeled me in writing both privately and publicly did in fact accuse me of the very crimes of which I was a victim as a child.  It is the most cruel irony imaginable, and I am prepared to prosecute vigorously.  He and his spies read everything on our site, so let them be warned to back off now or face the full weight of my prosecutorial vengeance in a court of law.  
Shawn
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm very happy how things are turning out here and all the suggestions I've received, and will take the time now to reply to your requests and suggestions.  

Chrissy, I don't mind creating a 9/11 board if that's what you still want.  I realize that Aled, unfortunately, will be unable to moderate due to his schedule, but if you have a moderator in mind, or if someone steps forward, then I'll be happy to create the board.  I could create it now without any moderator (except for the default admin), but wanted to hear from you, or others, confirming that this is indeed what you want.  Alternatively, or in addition, I could create a Politics or Political Views board, but I'd like to hear from others about this first, and possibly obtain some moderators too since I'm not really up to the task currently.  However, I am willing to make exceptions: If there are boards that several people really, really want, and there are no moderators for them, then I'll create the boards and play the role of moderator until others can be found.

Aled, I sympathize with your busy school schedule, but will ask anyway tongue.gif Would you be able to moderate a Politics or Political Views board?  Is this the type of board you'd like to see, or something else?  Keep in mind that flame wars are likely to erupt in such a volatile forum, but sometimes, just sometimes, that can be fun so long as both sides in the war are good sports about it.

Steve, good friend, you have my sympathies as well.  Please let me know if there's anything I, or anyone, can do that can help you out in any way.  

Ok, I guess that's all for now.

take care everyone,

Shawn

Dara
Shawn,
I would love to step up and help out in any way that I can here. The only thig I would be TERRIBLE at would be the political forum. I have no political knowledge, and I am terrible ar political conversations; I am sure Aled could confirm that!

But if there is anything else you need me to do, I would be delighted!

Alles Gute!
Dara
Shawn
hi Dara,

Vielen Dank!  You've been a wonderful participant here and I'd be happy to let you do whatever you wanted.  I'm sure you'd make a great moderator on a Politics board, in spite of what you said.  If there's something you'd like to help out with, then although I can't speak for the other moderators, I know I certainly wouldn't mind and could use some help on the Philosophy, Internet, or Neuroscience/Consciousness boards.  

Also, I'm still debating about having a separate psychology board, but I think, in fact, that I will.  I might set it up later today.  And so, it would be very helpful if you could co-moderate with me, if psychology is something you'd be interested in.

Please let me know.  Also, I would urge people not to be shy about requesting the role of moderator for a board that they like here.  Really, it would help me out a lot.

thanks,

Shawn
Dara
Psychology sounds good to me! And I could have an intelligent conversation there, as I minored in psych for my undergrad degree! Hey, if it helps any, I have a family full of psychological problems, so I have first hand experience...HA HA! At least I can joke about it, right?
So, whatever you like, I am interested in the pasyc boars, or any of the ones with the mind. I am really no good at politics, so I will hope someone more qualified will step up for that forum!
Thanks alot Shawn!
Alles Gute, Dara
Shawn
I have some questions to throw out to everyone:

Should I split up the Poetry forum into multiple topical Forums?  

And if so, then I'll need to having a heading 'Poetry' following by the relevant poetry forums, but I'll also need to do something similar for the other topics, like Philosophy, Quotes, and so on, right?

What does everyone think about this?  Is the Poetry forum getting so big that it needs to be split up, or are things ok the way that they are now?

thanks,

Shawn
Shawn
Thank you so much, Dara.   The psych board will be created in a minute with you as moderator, and I'll move the current Psych thread in Neurosci/Consciousness over to the Psych board.

Danke schon,

Shawn
+Steven Curtis Lance
Dearest Shawn!  I am so proud of Dara.  Anything she does, she does well and wisely and with love.  She will be wonderful moderating anything at all.  Actually, she would be very good at the political forum.  She is not tendentious or preachy, which is an important consideration for such a forum.  I'm sure you know what I mean...  I am delighted how everything is unfolding like the lotus, according to karma...  My thanks to you again and always, and all my love, respect, and solidarity.  Alles Gute, und Gottes reiche Segen.
Dara
Toll!! Ok, thats my German word for this post...LOL
I am glad to help out on a psych forum! SOunds good to me!

As for the poetry forum...I am not sure, maybe just a category for a critique and completed poetry. But, that is just my opinion, I hope others will contribute their opinions as well.
Whatever you do , it will be all good, aber sicher!

Alles Gute, Dara
Shawn
thank you, Steve, for the thoughtful and kind post.

Ok, so that's two votes for Dara moderating the Politics board (me and Steve).  What do you think about this, Dara?  All you need to do is say the word, and the board will be created.

Alles Gute,

Shawn
+Steven Curtis Lance
I would go with whatever my little sister Dara says about the poetry forum/fora.  I like to have a little poetry place somewhere.  I thought we had a lot of fun with the one we had on the other site.  Let a hundred flowers bloom, and let the conversation continue!  All will be well, all is unfolding as it should.  I feel magick in the air today.
Dara
Ok shawn, being as I am going out now for a while..I will tell you what I think for the politics forum before I go.
I will say Ja, sicher! And hope that my friends here will help me out!

Danke!!! Alles gute,
Dara
+Steven Curtis Lance
Dara is off to do some volunteer work on behalf of retired racing greyhounds today, and her own two retired racers, her beloved Star and Goldie, are going to help too.  She will do a wonderful job at Psychology and Politics.  Not only is my little sister smarter than me, she is also wiser than me.  Less impulsive!  She has an extremely wise political sensibility, and she will keep the tone kind and reasonable.  And, best of all, as I mentioned, she is neither tendentious nor preachy.  Gott sei Dank, ja?  That will be especially refreshing with regard to politics.  As for me, whatever people want me to do will be fine with me.  Maybe I could have a poetry place called Poet's Corner.  I like to keep everything extremely open, not limited in any way as to critique here, technique there, doublespeak over there.  I think Poet's Corner would be good.  A Westminster Abbey reference.  The lotus is unfolding.  The wheel of karma turns.

Whatever poetry forum is ultimately to be my responsibility, let my MANIFESTO be posted boldly at the door.  Let that be the heading.  Peace.  
Shawn
hello Steve,

yes, your sister's a wonderful person and I'm sure she'll do well moderating the psychology and politics boards.  About the poetry situation, right now I'll leave it as is, and will think more about what to do about it because of its size.  Your manifesto that you posted on the poetry board is very well-written and inspiring....just be careful with the ad hominems, which sometimes can provoke the opposite reaction from what was intended.  I say this as a friend.

I think I can post your manifesto at the top of the poetry board, if that's what you'd like.  Right now, I need to run off to do some errands, but I'll check back and if it's something you want, I'll give it a shot, though I can't guarantee that I can do it.

take care,

Shawn
+Steven Curtis Lance
I quite understand.  You could judiciously edit out any perceived ad hominems.  That would be quite acceptable to me.  And the present situation is very good.  Let the conversation continue! Above all I send you all my thanks, all my love, respect, and solidarity, always.
lover_with_wingz
Hey Everyone!

Again Congrats my friend Dara I know you will do a wonderful job at the politics forum and the pysch forum! You have so muxh to offer I am so happy and delighted for you! I am so sorry Steve to hear about JJ going tot he extemes to do what he did as I said before that topic is no joke and it I am sure is more painful for you since it happened to have someone accusse you of that very crime how horrible! Let JJ and his spies do as they will I can say this much bring it on! together here we are strong and we will not be put to sunder I am behind you 110% Steve!!!! Ok Shawn as I said before I would love to help in anyway I can with this site may I with your permisson moderate the 9/11 board if it is to be created! This day in history touched me deeply and I would love to moderate for it in fact I would be honered. As for for the poetry I don't think we should split it up but make a couple sub categories as I feel the poetry forum need not be retricted at all! I am a free writer myself and I would enjoy the poetry site to free in style to I hope that makes sense. I am honered to be a part of this site and I am willing to give 110% to anything here. I want to be a involved and dedicated member!
                                                                    All my love,
                                                                 Chrissy

Shawn please let me know what you think about the 9/11 board again I would be honered.
Shawn
hello Chrissy,

I appreciate your feedback, both in general and over the poetry and 9/11 boards, and many of your comments about this forum make me happy.  Your 9/11 board has been set up with you as moderator.  I wish you luck with it and am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  

kindest regards,

Shawn
Shawn
oh, Chrissy, and please let me know if you want me to change the title of the board or the description that appears underneath.

thanks,

Shawn
lover_with_wingz
Thank you Shawn for your kindness and loving support! Tahnk you for giving me the opportunity to work on a board on a topic that has touched my heart deeply I am so thrilled to be a moderator on this site! I ma glad you are appeciative of my feedback and that some of the posts make you happy! It makes me smile to know I am making a diffrence! I feel that I was robbed at voices net I had a wonderful disability forum going there and after hearing all the hatred that was going on and the fact that so many of my friedns were being hurt that ws my only driving force for being at voices net! I did nothing to JJ I feel so betrayed that he removed my forum and Dara's as well! We both worked so hard there and added so much to that site! What he did was befriend us and let us down not a true friend in my book at all! He destroyed a piece of my dream but not my spirits for I will come through this as with other struggles in my life! I will rebuild and make this disability forum better than ever!!! I just wonder why he felt the need to be cruel to so many of us :'( when we had so  much heart and gave it 110%! It makes me angry :-[ and sad  as for my forums could you please add my moderator name as Chrissy if it is not to much trouble I like my screen name but I would like my real name on my forums please! also if you could add this quote on my disabilty forum in the heading. To heal we must promote healing! This has been my philosophy I have always felt that my healing is promoted my trying to help heal others. Thank you again Shawn I appreciate all you do!
                                                              Love always,
                                                                   Chrissy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am