Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CREATION OF UNIVERSE
BrainMeta.com Forum > Philosophy, Truth, History, & Politics > Theology > Religions and Esoterism
ahmetcelik
The Universe and its elements : all the galaxies, stars, planets, asteroids, the Milky Way, the Sun, the Earth, the Moon and billions of other immense bodies are rotating and revolving in excellent harmony. If scrutinized in terms of cosmic, physical, mathematical and bio-chemical aspects, from micro level to macro level, the Universe proves to be supplied with the most suitable design for human life.

From the expansional rate of the Universe to the location of Earth in the Solar System, from percengates of athmospheric gases to properties of sunlight, innumerous equilibriums are sustained each second and each hour. Not even one of these arrangements may occur by chance. All obey the infallible wisdom of God exhibiting His might and art.This web site displays the evidence for the creation of the Universe and it reveals the eternal might and wisdom of God, who created this great universe from nothingness.

http://www.creationofuniverse.com/
http://www.harunyahya.com/
Unknown
The belief that GOD created everything satisfies many people, and that is good.

However, they never express sensible ideas of what GOD's supposed purpose was, nor from where GOD came! I fit is 'claimed' that it was so that humans could become existant, it seems a like using a sledgehammer to make some nuts.
Trip like I do
Thanks for the links.

Provides an interesting dimension in matters of thought.
Hey Hey
QUOTE (ahmetcelik @ Jun 20, 07:23 PM)
The Universe and its elements : all the galaxies, stars, planets, asteroids, the Milky Way, the Sun, the Earth, the Moon and billions of other immense bodies are rotating and revolving in excellent harmony. If scrutinized in terms of cosmic, physical, mathematical and bio-chemical aspects, from micro level to macro level, the Universe proves to be supplied with the most suitable design for human life.

From the expansional rate of the Universe to the location of Earth in the Solar System, from percengates of athmospheric gases to properties of sunlight, innumerous equilibriums are sustained each second and each hour. Not even one of these arrangements may occur by chance. All obey the infallible wisdom of God exhibiting His might and art.This web site displays the evidence for the creation of the Universe and it reveals the eternal might and wisdom of God, who created this great universe from nothingness.

http://www.creationofuniverse.com/
http://www.harunyahya.com/

What do you mean by harmony?

Phobos orbits so close to Mars - about 5,800 kilometers above the surface compared to 400,000 kilometers for our Moon - that gravitational tidal forces are dragging it down. In 100 million years or so it will likely crash into the surface or be shattered by stress caused by the relentless tidal forces, the debris forming a ring around Mars. - does this mean harmony? Even better, several mutually orbiting galaxies are reported to be on collision courses as their orbits decline.

Ever heard of entropy?

Whatever the course of the universe, current ideas on its possible fate suggest destructive attraction or dark, cold and deadly expansion.

These unsubstantiated lovelies of the God-world are hard to understand in the 50000 deaths a day Africa reality. I couldn't look these children in the eye and say it will be better when you're dead!

But.....I'm willing to look at any evidence. And I don't mean staring at the sky with my mouth open; rather I'd open my mind and appraise the EVIDENCE.

Sorry, but I've just been looking at pictures of starving children in Africa after Live8. There's no god. WE don't NEED a god. We DO need to work hard, and let time pass.
VietSteve
Whenever someone brings up the "entropy argument" in the debate over Creation vs. Evolution, they are announcing "I do not understand basic thermodynamics!" and "I am new to the Creation vs. Evolution debate and would like to be schooled!"

some sites about entropy that aim to clear up confusion:

http://www.entropysite.com
http://www.entropysite.com/students_approach.html

This is the result of undergrad textbooks attempts to "simplify" the concept, but are only adding confusion to it.
Hey Hey
QUOTE (VietSteve @ Jul 08, 04:44 PM)
Whenever someone brings up the "entropy argument" in the debate over Creation vs. Evolution, they are announcing "I do not understand basic thermodynamics!" and "I am new to the Creation vs. Evolution debate and would like to be schooled!"

This is the result of undergrad textbooks attempts to "simplify" the concept, but are only adding confusion to it.

Perhaps you could state why the entropy argument (as ONE of many) is flawed, as your response was deviously devoid of any pertinent content. Hopefully the style of your answer doesn't imply a lack of logical or scientific thinking. If it does, then it's goodbye from me.
morpheous
QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Jul 08, 07:20 PM) *

QUOTE(VietSteve @ Jul 08, 04:44 PM)

Perhaps you could state why the entropy argument (as ONE of many) is flawed, as your response was deviously devoid of any pertinent content. Hopefully the style of your answer doesn't imply a lack of logical or scientific thinking. If it does, then it's goodbye from me.

At the quantum level, some see a particle, some see a wave. This debate subscribes to the idea that we cannot observe the universe without affecting what we see/perceive. We are not separate from God. It looks to me that everything is integrating.
nornerator
This is a pretty shallow argument, I am surprised more people do not see through it easily.

It is correct that if the laws of the universe were different, the universe would be different, and in many of those universes humans could not exist.

But think of it this way, in a universe where humans couldn't exist, emergent behavior could still exist. The material of the universe would act according to its own laws, and it would be possible for strange forms of intelligence to take form in these strange universes. In these strange universes, these strange beings would get to a point where they would realize "Hey, if this universe was any different we wouldn't be able to exist"

Its really a silly argument, you could make up an infinite number of scenarios that wouldn't allow for humans to live, but in those scenarios other strange forms of intelligence could live.

Also, the universe is largely empty void, which is completely uninhabitable, if a god created this universe for us, why did he make only the tiniest of portions habitable? Why bother creating a universe so large and complex if the earth and the beings on it are the only important things? Or is it just to throw us off track so that he can eternally torture us for not accepting his truth on faith alone?
Joesus
Why assume life as we know it is predominate and the rule for the universe as we know it?
maximus242
You already know the answer to the question. People use rules and ideas to create mental constructions of reality.
Joesus
But why create constructs that make humans the predominate form of life? Integration too much to rationalize?
Fear of annihilation? No imagination?
Rick
QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 21, 2008, 12:21 AM) *

But why create constructs that make humans the predominate form of life? Integration too much to rationalize?
Fear of annihilation? No imagination?

All available evidence points to humans being the predominate form of life. Until there is contrary evidence, it forms as good a working assumption as any other, plus it's inspiring in that if we don't take action ourselves and prevent the destruction of our planet, there will be nobody who can rescue us.
Joesus
I'm all for taking responsibility for the planet rather than waiting for some superior life force to remove ignorance and its results. But the part about all evidence... or say the lack of evidence.. leading to any assumption regarding the forms of life in the galaxy, or even Universe would be somewhat equal to our own technological abilities which seem to have put us and our own environment at risk.
I'd say if we haven't yet figured ourselves out we haven't yet reached the capacity to make any solid assumptions about the life forces within the Universe.

Solid assumptions... isn't that an oxymoron?
Rick
Some assumptions are better than others. Making good ones is an art.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it turned out that civilizations arise regularly in our galaxy, but every one of them went extinct because they couldn't get beyond the "everyone for himself" philosophy that is so popular these days?

Entropy increases and irony may maximize.
Joesus
Some assumptions are better than others. Making good ones is an art.

That would be leaning towards the acceptance of intuitive thinking. wink.gif

Wouldn't it be ironic if it turned out that civilizations arise regularly in our galaxy, but every one of them went extinct because they couldn't get beyond the "every one for himself" philosophy that is so popular these days?

Maybe they all haven't gone extinct but instead evolved.

It could be there is a cosmic visible sign that hovers over the everyone for himself playgrounds in the universe that reads, "Caution: does not play well with others."
Rick
I never said I wasn't an artist. Much art is counter-intuitive. The intuition of one might be the folly of another. Creative acts almost always go against the conventional thinking. Otherwise everyone else would have thought of it first.
Joesus
I think intuition is always productive. Not many listen to intuition.
I think fear based projections are superstitious rallying themselves around stress in the psychological and physical nervous systems.
I don't think art is counter intuitive, rather counter intuitive projections are not really artistic but habitual.
Rick
I have found that as I learn more, my intuition changes. What was intuitive in the past is no longer.

Take Bush for example. His intuition was to smash Saddam Hussein, and he did. He also murdered his sons. I think it was wrong for him to follow his intuition like that. Millions of people now agree with me.
Joesus

Following a thought is not necessarily intuitive.
Lao_Tzu
Why are there so many men on BrainMeta and so few women?
Joesus
Women generally aren't so mental.
Lao_Tzu
Hahahahaha. Ahaha... ah. Oh my.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am