Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MYSPACE URL
BrainMeta.com Forum > Networks & the Internet > Internet, E-mail, & Computers
angelroze
I dont know if this is where this should go but..
On myspace it says you can't change ur URL but I KNOW there has to be a way..
Somebody PLEASE show me how to change it, I HAVE TO!!
THANKX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lindsay
URL? Do you mean that you have a registered site on the internet?
maximus242
Doubt it can be done, the reason is due to data is stored on MySpace. If you were to change you url, then thousands of links and calls to that account could be invalid. If they had some sort of pointer variable, then that would work but I doubt they do.

Best bet is to PM an admin... or... start up another account and have that page redirect to your current account.

Are you following me on this? Let me know if youve got any questions.
angelroze
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Apr 26, 2007, 04:29 AM) *

Doubt it can be done, the reason is due to data is stored on MySpace. If you were to change you url, then thousands of links and calls to that account could be invalid. If they had some sort of pointer variable, then that would work but I doubt they do.

Best bet is to PM an admin... or... start up another account and have that page redirect to your current account.

Are you following me on this? Let me know if youve got any questions.

Yeah, how would i start a new account and have the page redirected? Coz I dont know if I can use the same email and I only got one.
khenwood
You have to get a new email & copy all the information from your old page to the new.
You won't be able to change the page URL..
or similar reasons that you can't disable accounts or change URLs for many internet-based online communities such as MySpace.

khenwood
QUOTE(Lindsay @ Apr 26, 2007, 12:10 AM) *

When you register for MySpace, they assign a URL to your distinct page.

So let's say you register with screenname Lindsay..

Your URL would be www.myspace.com/lindsay.html.

And it stays that way forever. When you are signing up for the account they warn you that this cannot be changed.
angelroze
QUOTE(khenwood @ Jul 19, 2007, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Apr 26, 2007, 12:10 AM) *

When you register for MySpace, they assign a URL to your distinct page.

So let's say you register with screenname Lindsay..

Your URL would be www.myspace.com/lindsay.html.

And it stays that way forever. When you are signing up for the account they warn you that this cannot be changed.

I know they warn you, I just thought there might be a way. Bcuz i was stupid and high when I made mine and I wanted it different.....
Sam101
Ok heres how a myspace url would look like

http://www.myspace.com/your_desired_name_here

The only thing you can change is "your_desired_name_here" and you cannot remove the myspace domain. Go to edit your profile page.
Flex
The only way you can change your URL is through an administrator. Really the only time you are allowed to change URL is if you have a major label band, and some private user has the URL already. This was the case with my brother, and we had to personally call Tom to get the URL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am