Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Entheogenesis Australis (Melbourne, Australia)
BrainMeta.com Forum > Enhancing Consciousness and Cognition > Expanding Consciousness > Entheogens
Orbz
http://www.entheo.net/

Dennis McKenna - ”Plant/human co-evolution”
Second lecture to TBA

Des Tramacchi – #1: Flower Power: Co-evolution of psychedelics and fragrance compounds in flowering plants.
#2: The uses of delirium: Cross-cultural perspectives on Datura-like drugs.

Torsten - "Growing the entheogens. [includes seed preparation, cuttings, cacti, plant care, climates, etc]"

Daniel Schreiber - "THE NATURE OF ADDICTION, MODERN INITIATION AND CHASING THE BLISS"

Tim Payne - “The Biology of Free Will”

Dr. David Caldicott - "Entheogenesis Imperfecta- When the Search for Enlightenment Finds the Emergency Room"

Kurt - “Groundhog Deity: The Crisis in Contemporary Entheogenesis. Quo Vadis Conscious Tripping?”

Michael Bock – “Australasia an Entheogenic wonderland”

Henry Cox - "Pituri"

Krusty - "Bush Doof, Entheogen's and the Utopian Experience…"

Andrew Minard – "Australian Rights and the Utilitarian Drug War"

Richard Haridy - "Psychedelics and Film"

Shane and Margaret “Rite of Passage – ‘Sovereignty’ + Common Law”

Piers Hardiman “Altered states of consciousness and spiritual development”

Jeremy J - "Entheogenic Acacias of Australia: an introduction to several previously unreported active species".

Martin - "Entheogens: Precious Jewels, Valuable tools"

Darpan - TBA
Orbz
Looks interesting.
I may go.
trojan_libido
Damn, I'd love to but I can't afford £3000 or whatever it would cost to go. A report would be cool Orbz, or if they release any material in any format.

Dennis McKenna was the late Terence McKenna's brother. While Terence got his degree in Shamanism, Dennis did ethnobotany.

The Acacia trees in Australia are probably the most diverse range of DMT producing plants. There is one tree, maybe not an acacia or an Australian plant, but it contains mescaline, amphetamine and DMT. Before this plant was found mankind thought they'd created amphetamine, seems nature beat us too it. I've never heard of a plant having so many illegal "drugs" in it at once, no wonder the Aborigines revered the Rainbow Snake lol.
Joesus
The Sixties revisited..
lucid_dream
I wasn't around for the sixties, but even so, still blushed a bit when reading the scheduled talks. I can imagine the type of meeting this is going to be, like a kaleidoscope of colors, dude!
trojan_libido
For sure, trippers like to talk about trips. But there will be some serious topics on consciousness too.
Orbz
QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Sep 27, 2007, 05:30 PM) *

The Acacia trees in Australia are probably the most diverse range of DMT producing plants. There is one tree, maybe not an acacia or an Australian plant, but it contains mescaline, amphetamine and DMT. Before this plant was found mankind thought they'd created amphetamine, seems nature beat us too it. I've never heard of a plant having so many illegal "drugs" in it at once, no wonder the Aborigines revered the Rainbow Snake lol.

Yes so, I've heard and read. But I still don't know which ones are acacias and they're apparently everywhere, even on our national emblem. I really need to learn more about my local flora.
Orbz
QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Sep 28, 2007, 11:23 AM) *

I wasn't around for the sixties, but even so, still blushed a bit when reading the scheduled talks. I can imagine the type of meeting this is going to be, like a kaleidoscope of colors, dude!

I sincerely hope its not full of washed out old hippies. It looks like it has such potential.
trojan_libido
I'm sure this one should fill the gaps "Entheogenic Acacias of Australia: an introduction to several previously unreported active species". smile.gif
RonnySimulacrum
I have been and even help out with this conference before for some years now. And it sure is an interesting and unique event. As for the age of the presenters Orbz, the very from about 22 to 65, so there is a good scope. If you are in Australia it is well worth making the trip to this event, people of all ages come from all over and it is one hell on a gathering.

Hope to see you there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am