Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rules of this Board
BrainMeta.com Forum > Philosophy, Truth, History, & Politics > Philosophy
Laz
I'm of the opinion that the point of having topics is that they progress threads of interest for all parties concerned, particularly the originator. They should not be reduced to arguments among members that go round and round and round.

I feel that it is the job of the moderators to monitor this, and act accordingly. However as this is a democratic bulletin board, and because i want to try out this new poll feature, I want to know what you think?

oh, you can only vote once, and only members are allowed to vote.
joe
If you project the outcome by reaction to the present moment you will fail to see the perfection in all things.
This is what censorship is all about but it is also part of the learning process for those that try and take their present level of understanding and apply it to this type of situation.
Usually the evolution of conscious awareness drops the need to control because one is invested in the way things look and the way one feels about something.

If you feel something is out of line Laz use your best judgment or intuitive sense. Take some inititiative and take responsibility for your creation as moderator and apply it to your life.

There is no point to polls because you will never come to 100% agreement. The world is as diverse as your own beliefs and they will always be mirrored to you. The polling system is a weak attempt to come to closure with the decision making process and give reason to make a decision when one is incapable of doing so on their own.
Whassamatter Laz don't trust your own wisdom?
rhymer
Good Poll Laz!

Not all things are perfect.
It is good that you seek to confirm your thoughts by seeking democratic approval. Otherwise you would be accused of being biassed!
Or you could consider offering the opposite of what most people want to ensure that nothing which may yield something gets missed! [Please NO].
Whilst I believe you are quite capable of making decisions yourself, I respect your offer to take notice of what members think.
Your wisdom shows enlightenment.
Best regards, Bill.
Agnostic4Now
Boy, laz makes a thread about something and in the first reply it is taken off topic.

I agree. I want answers to my questions and not directions to churches. Democracy is better than monarchy. It may not be the best government, but it's the best so far.
Shawn
Do you all feel that the philosophy board should be decomposed into multiple boards?    If so, then what boards would you like to see?  If not, then why not?

rhymer
I think this Board with its ever-increasing scope is ripe for sub categorisation.
A quick look on Google turned up the following list of fullosofical topics:

Aesthetics
Applied Ethics (general)
Atheism
Bioethics and Medical Ethics
Business Ethics
Computers and Technology, Philosophy of
Economics, Philosophy of
Education, Philosophy of
Environment, Philosophy and Ethics of
Epistemology
Ethical Theory
History, Philosophy of
Language, Philosophy of
Law, Philosophy of
Literature, Philosophy of
Logic and Philosophy of Logic
Mathematics, Philosophy of
Metaphysics
Mind, Philosophy of
Philosophical Anthropology
Philosophical Psychology
Political Philosophy
Reasoning and Critical Thinking
Religion, Philosophy of
Science, Philosophy of
Social Philosophy
Sports, Philosophy of

-courtesy of www.epistemelinks.com
Other sites may have even better lists of topics.

Best regards, Bill.
Shawn
this www.epistemelinks.com site is a beautiful gem, Bill.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  Some other philosophy sites along the same lines as www.epistemelinks.com  are the following:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~worc0337/phil_index.html
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/philinks.htm
http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~dey/phil/

The categories you listed are useful.  Right now, I'm just looking to create a philosophy section containing several philosophy boards, which will involve breaking up the single philosophy board we have now into several (two or three) boards.

Maybe two boards could be Eastern Philosophy and Western Philosophy??

Laz
I like the east/west idea shawn  :)
joe
Personally I don't think you can separate one subject into its many interpretations for long without returning the points of interpretation back into the one idea.
seanf
Laz, I think it's a good idea to have a poll. People can always create their own topic if they want to talk about something different.

As for splitting up the board, how about epistemology, moral philosophy, religion, miscellaneous philosophy, and Joeism?
joe
Isn't that spacial...
Laz
Thanks for your inputs guys, the poll has now closed.

Democracy has spoken smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am