Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shrooms toxic?
BrainMeta.com Forum > Enhancing Consciousness and Cognition > Expanding Consciousness > Entheogens
Unknown
I have expirimented with psilocybin mushrooms a few times and also tried to study all the risks. I have heard people say things like "the reason you hallucinate on shrooms is because they are poison, and you body fighting the toxicity creates visions" or "they deprive the brain of the oxygen it needs and you can die any time from using them." I have always dismissed these satements as ignorant views shaped by old, disproven misconceptions. As far as I know the hallucinations are just a result of the psilocybin particles binding to serotonin receptors and stimulating them. However I just ran into an article that seemed credible saying "Shrooms are toxic, so high doses can cause death." Could any one clarify specifically if PSILOCYBIN mushrooms are capable of PHYSICAL damage?
anonymust
I did a year of amanitas, about 25 times, On one occasions, I ingested dried caps of Aamanitas muscaria from OR. After 3 days of fasting I ingested the shrooms along with several grams of Psilocybe cyanescens which had been estimated to contain at least 1 percent psilocin dry weight. The effect experienced therefore have no bearing on Amanita toxicity. On that trip I tripped for 2days. Not sure if it was the shrooms themselves or if my fasting really paid off (fasting allows the mushrooms to work stronger and longer, cuz youre clean inside) Ive had my hay day with shrooms

Ive never experienced any physical damage besides from the toxicity of the shrooms which upset your tummy and makes you throw it up, cuz sometimes it IS too much poison. As you become more aware of your body and what it can handle you figure out your limit(s). No one should listen to anyone about how much is too much/too little until you listen to your body, just feel it out. of course this information is probably going to set off somethings such as "before doing shrooms research how much you should consume and how itll effect you..."
yeah so, do that too. but listen to your body
i wanna do shrooms.
Tone
thast BS, shrooms are 4-HO-DMT .. they arent toxic like the other kind of psychoactive shrooms nicknamed soma. 4-Ho-DMT is just a potent serotonin agonist of a sort, thats all. thast not your 'body fighting off toxins' or any other imaginative thing someone can come up with.
Dan
'shrooms are mostly psilocybin and psilocin

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am