After Brick took over the water tank business of the Mall Display investor, I got a job with a man named Sam Phillips. He and his daughter Lisa owned and operated a Dictograph Security franchise and Sam was nearing retirement. Lisa and he are Quakers and I mistakenly thought that Quakers or Shakers were a mainstream Christian sect of devout Biblical beliefs until recently. In the event that other people are suffering the same misapprehension, I am quoting a book called 'Psychiatry and Mysticism' which says on page 187:

"Quakers were a small group among Christians who were forlorn and despairing of church theology, church, and methodical exercises but given to expect only Enthusiastick Consolations (Baxter 1649), and to believe that no outward symbol but one's own deepest nature gives spiritual promptings and directions. The Quakers developed into a fine art a simple religious belief system in which non-directive meditation occupied a central place (Jones, 1914)... Like many other forms of meditation, the Quaker form brings special motoric, cognitive, affective, ecstatic, ethical and utopical components into a complex interplay with each other."

They both seemed quite enthused about the few things of a psychic nature that I discussed with them. There was no disagreement about what I said about Jesus, but I always thought they were just being kind when they asked me to go to their church. Sam was a Mason and we often had lunch together at the Temple. I am very much in agreement with this kind of worship and the activism of 'brotherhood' demonstrated by Quakers, other than Nixon. I am sorry I was 'close-minded' or prejudiced due to ignorance in this case. I certainly would have benefited from attending their worship.

Do you believe in 'Ascended Masters' like Jesus, who might come to earth from another realm of energy that may have an interest in keeping us 'on course' to fulfill our purpose? This mystical construct is a part of every religion and I believe these dimensions are being proven to exist by today's quantum physics and microbiology. Roy Eugene Davis who is my brother Russ's guru says the following in his foreword to 'The Bhagavad-Gita': "Time and time again the enlightened teachers come to earth to re-state, in the language of the people, the truths which change not. This restatement of changeless truths deals with the Eternal Religion from which all men derive benefit. Outer labels matter little in the long run. It matters not whether a person claims to be Christian, Moslem, Hindu or Jew."

We can add a number of Quakers, Masons, Mormons and pagans of all sorts to that list as well. In fact there are segments or people of every religion that ecumenically can reach out and join hands in the common purpose we all share. Sherry and I were always able to see this commonality of goodness and share it. It would be foolhardy to think there isn't reason for the despair that the quote on the Quakers refers to though, wouldn't it? The alchemists or hermeneuts of recent times as well as the Druids of ancient times could perform a science once thought to be 'Majik' or 'miracles'. The reason many things appear miraculous has to do with fear and negativity, Sherry had little experience with mistakes and the things that can be learned from taking a chance. Jesus said 'Be still' and Eastern philosophies refer to the samsara of superficial 'brain chatter'. I believe a lot of this 'chatter' in the mind is fear of taking the risk to connect with something greater than we are as individuals. Miracles or 'blessings' are available to those who proceed wisely and with faith or conviction that Good will triumph even if they appear not to understand the way. The ‘WAY’, the ‘Tao’, or the path, or ‘courses in miracles’ are many; but Love is the commonest denominator. These things are NOT 'miracles' as the 'Gospel of Thomas' translated by Marvin Meyer, with an interpretation by Harold Bloom says on page 10:

"In contrast to the way in which he is portrayed in other gospels, particularly New Testament gospels, Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas performs no miracles, reveals no fulfillment of prophecy, announces no apocalyptic kingdom about to disrupt world order, and dies for no one's sins. Instead Thomas's Jesus dispenses insight from the bubbling spring of wisdom (saying 13)… and offers a way of salvation through an encounter with the sayings of 'the living Jesus'.

The readers of the Gospel of Thomas are invited to join the quest for meaning in life by interpreting the oftentimes cryptic and enigmatic 'hidden sayings' of Jesus, 'Let one who seeks, not stop seeking until one finds. When one finds, one will be troubled. When one is troubled, one will marvel and will rule over all.' (Papyrus Qxyrhynchus 654.8-9 adds 'and having ruled one will rest'). That is to say, the quest for meaning is to be undertaken with commitment; and while the way may be upsetting, people will attain insight and rest only if they persevere."

This Gospel was found where the Gnostic priesthood that defended the Library of Alexandria through four attacks over more than one hundred years, his it. This story is a key feature in the lies of the Bible Narrative that includes such fantasies as 'the Flat Earth' and the 'Pope is the center of the universe' or 'the original sin'. These documents were found in 1947 in Dag Hammadi, Egypt in original papyrus form. The Dead Sea Scrolls provide further insight to the politics of the time of Jesus, and the subsequent management of information by those like the Holy Roman Emperor Constantine and his progeny of pompous and perverse tyrants. Who among us can help but wonder the extent to which our leaders are willing to lie when they contemplate such evil acts as the genocide perpetrated upon the Gnostics in Southern France called the Cathars, or the Flagellants, Inquisitions and all other manner of lies about saints and martyrs galore. I made Sherry aware of the alternatives to the Columbus fiction and she taught it was only one possibility but that it might be motivated by a continuing facade that has an agenda that led to Manifest Destiny and the destruction of paradise (See cable TV documentary on the 70 Million North American Indians who became 4 Million in less than a century). I believe the plague was used by the Catholics to purge those they wanted to get rid of; has there ever been as effective a bio-weapon used in history. If Sherry hadn't been a teacher/leader she might have taken some risk at first in promoting something other than the curriculum and its' focus on 1492 as the Discovery of America.

I was sent to New Jersey to learn about a camera that was combined with a computer to make a security system. When I was there I saw their concept was very rudimentary and wouldn't stop many of the crimes that go on in the retail environment. It was just a decoy and didn't track any data in real time. I suggested that pattern recognition and CAD-CAM technology could be used early in the second day. The instructors handled my criticism very well and talked with Sam over lunch. In the afternoon they remarked when I made another suggestion, that I was a very exceptional person who was working with one of their Board of Directors to develop a new and even better technology. This came as a big surprise to me! I was shocked and wondered if Sam was psychic. We hadn't discussed any of my ideas during the previous week or so which I had spent learning their sales pitch.

In fact I had some ideas before I left, but I needed to be sure their technology was really as rudimentary as I thought before I started talking like some kind of 'know it all'. I later learned that Sam and Lisa were very impressed with me, from the very first moment we met. I hadn't mentioned Russ to Sam before I left, but when I returned I told Sam that we could throw a basic demo together if he was willing to pay about $500 to see it. Sam agreed to do so if it could sound an alarm when certain info occurred in conjunction with other parameters, such as bad credit cards. Sam was ecstatic! He began a new company called TCAT for Transaction Coordinating and Targeting, and Russ was given a contract to develop it further.

Sam got to hear about my MATV tiered marketing benefits and Russ added some technical input as we discussed it. Sam could see the benefits of getting modems or hook-ups into homes for many of the services. Russ said he thought we could do meter-reading in a way he wanted to work on. Sam knew of the Base 10 meter reading approaches and the dependence on the phone company which charged a fee for each call. Russ said we would be able to by-pass these phone company charges and Sam was more excited than I ever imagined he could be. I was the project manager for new technologies before I even went on my first independent sales call.

When Russ and I got together later he explained a fiber optic pick-up with a Schmitt trigger switch encoder that I could immediately see was the best thing available in the market. I got Ernest & Whinney's consulting arm to support my ideas about TCAT and began checking into the meter reading market even more. In every spare moment Russ and I were coming up with applications and values that made Sam's head spin. It was truly exciting for us all. We ended up with something that would have made the internet a reality and fully interactive by 1990 across America. There would have been no cost to the consumer for the initial CPU and modem. Still TCAT looked very good as well and Sam had limited resources.

The TCAT system could address $Billions in department store losses in the U.S. alone, including sweetheart deals. This yearly savings was something the Ernst & Whinney person felt deserved the attention of the top man in the department store association. I followed up on her introduction to Jim Caroline of Dayton-Hudson Corporation in Minneapolis by making an appointment for Sam and I. Sam was thinking of using this as a way to take over the head office of Dictograph and knew some other franchisees that were ready to make this move if we got a good reception. This meeting went very well and after we were through Sam asked me if I had worked in the department store industry. He was amazed at how I was able to reinforce and add to Mr. Caroline's expertise. I told Sam it was 'openness' and listening with ESP that allowed me to sense his knowledge and integrate the aspects of other disciplines. He could see this was what was happening with Russ and himself as well.