Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: today is today is today
BrainMeta.com Forum > Enhancing Consciousness and Cognition > Expanding Consciousness > Meditation & Mindset
Pages: 1, 2
flowerfairy
people often base their mindsets of today on yesterday and tomorow. this is usually true for me, but today was today. today was one of the few days in my world where today wasn't yesterday and today wasn't tomorow. but today has just turned into yesterday since i am sitting here writing it down. it is a strange feeling for today to be today. it makes you aprehensive, but you don't feel aprehensive. living in today, i was very aprehensive because yesterday and tomorow were surrounding me on all sides, with loud noises and bright lights and strong smells. but i didn't feel apprehensive, because i was living in today, which was surrounded by yesterday and tomorow, but it layed in the middle, and i couldn't smell or hear or see yesterday or tomorow because my ears and my nose were plugged and my eyes were shut. i knew that they were there, but i didn't have to think about them. today was today. i wonder what tomorow will be. here i am now, writing today into yesterday and basing today on what tomorow will be. today was today, but it isn't anymore. but today is just as real as yesterday and tomorow are. so as good as it feels to be living today, it will be time to live in yesterday and tomorow insdead. where should people base their minds while applying life to the moment?
v3d4
now
flowerfairy
but if you base your mind on "now" when applying life to the moment then wouldn't that make your past experiences and future plans insignificant?
v3d4
no, i dont think so,

say rather that it lends them a kind of 'contextualization'
becuz yesterday is not now and tomorrow is not now and never will be
if i can make any use of the past then i can do it now,
if i plan a long term project then i begin planning now
if i learned any truth in the past then it is true now
and if i decide to go to the store i put my shoes on now

and on top of that, well, i dont want you to be sitting around feeling aprehensive all the time. the idea is that it is both useless and pointless to dwell on the past, wistfully or in any way that inhibits our awareness and abilities of the present,
and to be fearfull of tomorrow is to fill today with anxieties of imagination, while living for the future means you are not stopping to smell the flowers

when are you reading this?

now;)
flowerfairy
so you're saying that instead of applying the ideas of the past and present to the moment, you should apply the ideas of the moment to the past and present?
Robert the Bruce
Living in the Zen of the moment requires an appreciation of the awesome beauty of all that is and can be. It does not limit or judge any aspect of WHAT IS and it avails one to grow into being what they really are.
flowerfairy
i don't know much about zen, but what you said about appreciating the awesome beauty of all that is and can be makes sense to me. and there is also a lot of beauty in what was. and perhaps a conjuncture of all that is the best way to apply who you are to how you live.
Rick
Hey, fiery flower, the most important thing is to vote against the lying Republicans in November!
Robert the Bruce
She is just 16 and it won't matter a hell of a lot anyway Rick. They both report to the same cabal and are both militarists who avoid telling people what little they know about their bosses.
Rick
I think Kerry is a far, far, better man in every sense of the word than that liar.
Robert the Bruce
Be that as it may. I will put Jimmy Carter ahead of either of them but he was managed too. He was a Trilateral Commission member and I knew from the first moment that he intimated he might run (shortly after the news of Watergate broke in the Jacksonville Sun where I was working.) that he would likely win.

One of my accounts was the WJXT TV station owned by the Post and Nixon put them on the list for FCC harrassment. You might remember those days when people actually thought conspiracies or plans were only for fools like me and their leaders were honest with them about there being no plans they were not told about.

Remember how Carter swore he would cut defense spending? Remember the first Afghanistan usage by Zbignieuw and the boys who sell and manufacture armaments including all the value we got from the ten trillion dollars spent on nuclear (not to mention the pollution and loss of life)?

Remember BCCI, Iran/Contra. S & L, the Hmung, Allende, Enron and a pipeline thought to be possible through Afghanistan and the huge increase in drugs like Heroin that we have seen since the recent War on Terra began?

What about SDI and HAARP?
flowerfairy
i see absolutely no correlation between voting for kerry and the topic of this forum. but if you want to talk about voting, even if i could legally vote i wouldn't vote for kerry, and i sure as hell wouldn't vote for bush either. i honestly don't see the point of voting at all, for many reasons that i can go on and on and on about, but i'll leave it with that.
Rick
QUOTE (flowerfairy @ Oct 21, 08:58 PM)
... a conjuncture of all that is the best way to apply who you are to how you live.

Your words suggested to me that a good way to apply who you are to how you live is to assist the world in ridding itself of a clear and present danger.
Dan
QUOTE (flowerfairy @ Oct 22, 12:05 PM)
i see absolutely no correlation between voting for kerry and the topic of this forum.

rarely does a thread stay on topic with this group of nutters (myself included). It always seems to degenerate into a 'go with the flow' debate, where the quasichaotic conversation flow, although it distracts from the intial topic, can lead to plenty of other interesting topics.

as for voting, I believe a person need not vote if they wish not to. There is a popular misconception that we 'must' vote, and this misconception has been used in recent years (maybe longer? I wouldn't know...) by both sides to inflate their electorate. Unfortunately, inflating the electorate like this only dilutes it into a state of superficial conviction and easy manipulation which explains the emerging jerry springer-like state of politics
Dan
QUOTE (Robert the Bruce @ Oct 22, 10:40 AM)
... it won't matter a hell of a lot anyway Rick. They (Bush and Kerry) both report to the same cabal and are both militarists who avoid telling people what little they know about their bosses.
Rick
QUOTE (Dan @ Oct 22, 12:31 PM)
... this group of nutters.

Yet we return again and again. For me, the shoe doesn't fit, so I'm not wearing it.

Usually in the past I have said things like "if you don't care enough to inform yourself on the issues, please don't vote," on exactly the same grounds cited by Dan, but this year is unprecedentedly exceptional.
Robert the Bruce
Alexandra Robbins - what trash! She spilled no beans and did no real research. In fact you could say she is a 'Spin Doctor' for the very group she is supposed to be doing a tell-all about.
Dan
I don't claim that Alexandra did full justice to the story, I only wanted to give 'mainstream' evidence supporting your basic premise that both Bush and Kerry are members of the same cabal
Robert the Bruce
That particular cabal is just the tip of the iceberg believe me.

Here is a little grist for your mill which is also mere sensationalism.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story...sion=6.0.12.857
Rick
That's a great article by Hunter Thompson. Thanks.
flowerfairy
rick... you say "if you don't care enough to inform yourself on the issues then please don't vote", but how the hell are you supposed to inform yourself on the issues? the only way that i know of to do this is through the media, but since the majority of the media is bullshit and it is next to impossible for the average person to filter the truth from the bullshit, i think that it is a much better idea to not vote at all. as dan said, "there is a popular misconception that we must vote", and i think that the underlying reason that the media is telling us all to vote is to brainwash us into thinking that we have the freedom of choice. a lot of people think that voting is the only way to "beat the system" because it allows you to elect the people in power, but i think that the best way to beat the system is to not vote at all, because in doing so you're letting them know that their trick isn't working.
Rick
QUOTE (flowerfairy @ Oct 22, 04:12 PM)
... it is next to impossible for the average person to filter the truth from the bullshit ...

Aren't you engaged in filtering the truth from the lies right now? The reason we got stuck with the idiot-in-chief for four years already is that too many people thought as just you are proposing. More effort spent in the filtering and less intellectual negligence are in order.
Robert the Bruce
DearF

You say:

i think that the underlying reason that the media is telling us all to vote is to brainwash us into thinking that we have the freedom of choice. a lot of people think that voting is the only way to "beat the system" because it allows you to elect the people in power, but i think that the best way to beat the system is to not vote at all, because in doing so you're letting them know that their trick isn't working.

I say:

Thus you already know more than those who think there is freedom of choice who also get caught up in the publicity contest that is made between two people who really are NOT discussing any issues or ways to achieve real change (note the Bhagavad Gita description of the corporate condition of the human social corpse) which serves the corpserations well in their effort to keep people (not just women) barefoot and in the kitchen.
Rick
QUOTE (Robert the Bruce @ Oct 22, 04:58 PM)
... the publicity contest that is made between two people who really are NOT discussing any issues or ways to achieve real change ...

The campaign rhetoric is not aimed at those who are already in the know, but rather at the relatively ignorant swing voters. That's why the public debate sounds so dumbed down. Kerry moderates his rhetoric to woo the swing voters. His base already knows him well enough. It's been a long time since two presidential candidates have been so different. It's also been a long time since this country has been so polarized.
flowerfairy
so what makes you think that kerry is more honest than bush rick?
Unknown
Most Japanese, when interviewed, said they regarded Bush as a "Failure" and believed that Kerry couldn't be any worse. I concur.
flowerfairy
i don't see how saying that bush and kerry are failures can be backed by facts that are any more real than the facts that say that they would make great presidents.
Robert the Bruce
Dear Rick:

You say:

The campaign rhetoric is not aimed at those who are already in the know, but rather at the relatively ignorant swing voters. That's why the public debate sounds so dumbed down. Kerry moderates his rhetoric to woo the swing voters. His base already knows him well enough. It's been a long time since two presidential candidates have been so different. It's also been a long time since this country has been so polarized.

I say:

Those relatively ignorant swing voters might be smart enough not to ote because they know none of the candidates (for all of the recent Presiddential debates going back to the 19th Century) never talk about real issues or ways to make a real change.

But I could agree with the analysis you are making if I was employed as a SPIN doctor and I did not know what the real issues are.
flowerfairy
i completely agree with robert the bruce on this issue
v3d4
well im glad the subject changed from that 'living in the moment' thing becuz i didnt really have any more of an answer i could easily put into words

but on this voting thing, if i could i dont kno that i would vote either, becuz it seems to me that if the game is crooked, then all the players must be dishonest. if im making some kind of logical mistake with that i hope someone'll let me kno, becuz as it stands, the game looks crooked to me.

but you can look at government in more than one way: there is the idea that people depend on their leaders to guide them, and depend on the government for support. "strong leadership qualities" they say about this or that person.
this view i think assumes that the government is a strong and independant self-reinforcing and self-perpetuating force. when you look at it that way, the only way of opposing the power structure is with overwhelming destruction, and this gives justification for war and violent revolution.
but this belief of government as a 'given' is only true when both the rulers and the ruled believe it is. obviously this conception of political power is one that the rulers like to perpetuate.

but another way to look at it is that the leader gets his political power from the people he is leading, and the cooperation of those around a ruler is absolutely essential to have any power at all. without at least passive support of the general population and agents (cabinet members, aids, legislative bodies, police, military officers, etc.) a prime minister or a president cant accomplish very much evil (or good) on his own.

hierarchical systems require cooperation at every level to work, and its directly on this principle that the various stratagies, tatics and sanctions of nonviolent political action rest. and so maybe better than voting or otherwise perpetuating the corrupt babylon system is to maintain a strict policy of nonparticipation, noncooperation and noncompliance.
-yea?
flowerfairy
yeah, i agree with you on that. leaders don't have very much power if they have no one to lead. we don't have to fight against them, but we don't have to go with them. we have the choice to simply ignore them, and we should take advantage of that choice, and lead ourselves to the full extent of our power.
Jasper
At what point, other than your own magnifecence, do you people turn to yourselves and say what am saying here? Better still, what are middle of the road toe tapping chalatans and spin doctors doing here anyway?
The flower lady asked you all a very specific and simple question: What does my life, its existence, mean right here and right now. And to me, to be!
What this means sweet petal, is that your above your commentators here. So pay their dribble no heed or you'll be lost again in the pea soup of dead men talking to tomorrow from platforms dripping with yesterdays human waste, while missing your point today.
I am because I think I am is where you are not when meditating. Your nothing and everything all at once because only you (I am) exist in this very thin space called now! But then so does 'I was' and 'I will be' when you return from your I am visit.
When I meditate I always find some-one else inside myself. And though not alone, a mirror's onus is merely reflections of I was and I might be.....the only real I think which never needs proof of an I am existence!
Even quantum has colours which bind anarchy.....you've just gotta know where and when to look to see them.

My I right now quotes:

What I like about JW Bushe is that he makes Hitler look like the local candy man!
But then I like all sex and candy, yet have always loathed Jews like JW Bushe!
And as I wonder who's behind Israels slaughter of all these modern Jews, who strap on bombs as a last resort for automatic freedom, I feel so helpless....Like Duurrrrrhhh!
In fact, has anyone in the history of historionics ever seen a real Jew die for anything other than to steal faith and creeds from some dodgy wooden a-cross!
Ah thy Trojans...still building your wooden horses to lie inside I see...but you don't?

Jasper

flowerfairy
yeah, i was having trouble seeing the correlation between the forum topic and the elections myself. but what i found funny about my post is that you yourself miscontrued my topic too. i didn't say "what does my life mean right here and now", i said "what should my mind-set be to be living now".

i don't know exactly what you mean when you say i'm above my commentators... this is a forum so instead of looking at the posts from the point of view of which is better or worse i look at it from a point of view of what facts make sense to me and what facts i can apply to my platform of knowledge.

as far as applying today, tomorow, and yesterday to meditation, i agree that meditation is the best way to put yourself in the moment, but the problem with that is that that only way to apply meditation to normal life is to look at your experiences in the meditation of now after the now has already become the yesterday...
Robert the Bruce
Dear F

You are one special kid!!!

this is a forum so instead of looking at the posts from the point of view of which is better or worse i look at it from a point of view of what facts make sense to me and what facts i can apply to my platform of knowledge.
flowerfairy
thank you mister rogers
Robert the Bruce
Hey - enjoy being a kid and a wise one while you can!
Eternum 1
Although I could join in the polemic, I think Flowerfiarys question deserves a more um timeless answer. If you view observable reality as events rather then the flow of time; each event happening now like pictures hanging in an art gallery, you may have a metaphor for what you are experiencing. Such moments of clarity are valuable and not easy to maintain with the schedules imposed upon us. If I am still immeresed in the last portrait or anticipating the next, I cannot fully immerse myself in the art before me.

Life is art in a sense and we tend to forget that. If I treasure the moment with a child who woke up crying and needed my arms for comfort instead of thinking how comfortable my bed was or how soon the next day will come I've learned the ability to be alive now. This is the art of living fully and not just planning to do so.
Robert the Bruce
Beauty - is in the eye of the beholder but this beholder finds much beauty in these words.

Life is art in a sense and we tend to forget that. If I treasure the moment with a child who woke up crying and needed my arms for comfort instead of thinking how comfortable my bed was or how soon the next day will come I've learned the ability to be alive now. This is the art of living fully and not just planning to do so.
Jasper
This is a mind brain forum is it not?
Dualism in finest dicotic mush, where all the lines run between understanding and bleed rather than to simply be or be touched upon. And by way the Bruce, everything is Art: but then nothing at all at once in once! Even this dead child on the television was slain by my art, for my art, and therefore in every artists name! I didn't 'have to' turn the TV on.... I made a choice to!

This reply should well answer you further question of my last response flowerfairy....all life at all time is always just the same old conversation being re-invented as itself for itself and by itself....but blaming something else in itself when it all fails.... What Tautological little lives we're lead by to be.
But the this "we of we" doesn't exist in any vacumm, and dialetic theory unlocks all life if your game to lose you mind within it's meditation. Hold on a minute while I quickly swallow this Prozac pill! Rene Decarte certainly didn't with his waffle of 'I think therefore I am', and William S with his "to be or not be" was a furry little furpy!

Mediocrity achieves as its the middle, and all middles need two same as and very equal sides to exist!
Like the perfect triangle if you like....the Egyptians new much more than anyone is yet to discover, by the way, but then they too collapsed themselves by not stepping nor staying inside the rules of pure logic (LIFE) for long enough! Aristotle was banished from Athens while Socrates drank it mixed with hemlock for the very same reason! Plato maimed its formation as did Wittgenstein: and Popper got it half right but then spun it the wrong way around! Einstien saw but was he was far too colour blind!
Now then: Human logic steps out of equasions to view life conversations, whereas I step inside were all is equal and life is much clearer than you think! Hence my 'Above" compliment I replied you with last time....a metaphor...damn poetry, it always screws my head on too tight!

We as humans, take the simple and make it complex because we seem to have this insatible need to bleed to prove our own existance....like Duhhhhhhh...I'm here...so what's the big deal?

Life is simply water on the brain......all additive or subtractive colours combind when spun to become one clear mass of purest colour.....Nooological fact, P Chardin, Phenomenon of Man.
And Yes, this means even Light itself is a form of water and vice-versa aslo....it's all about concentrations. Fish swim and humans float when gravity pressures: fish float and humans swim when gravity sucks...see what I mean...now you can fly while so do fish..but watch out for the crabs, they get you both every time!

Science doesn't concentrate and instead it vomits stupid complex theories at white walls to see if they they can make life stick...and as a result quantum or holographic technology will never replicate life unless it considers water as water is water in water, no matter how times it seperated nor distorted! PHew,,,it hurts to even say it....but then we've all be white washed by science and religion.

Now then flowerfairy, If I said I could easily replicate pure life as a mere clear bubble full of air, whose very destructabilty is its total invinciblity, and then I placed it in your hands.... would or could you believe it's a precious life you're now holding? Or would you pop it?
But then I don't care what you believe because that's your business...and it's not my pop- life unsaturated by over-culture your looking for here because mine's far too simple!
I hope this is clear and simple enough for you understand this time. And then next time you meditate, do it underwater and you'll see what I see! But then we both are already, and only you don't know it!

No disrespect is ever meant by me....because this is my life here, not yours!

Respect Jasper666

Eternum 1
"Hey, Arg, I just felt something. It was like a presence.

Like there was something here looking over me."

"Shut up, Uhg. Probably the fermented bananas we ate."

"Nah, Arg, it wasn't that. It's something bigger, something

outside of myself. I understand now, that our life has value

and purpose."

"Yeh, sure Uhg. It was just the bananas. If you value

your life, shut up, 'cause my purpose for being here is to

stamp out nonsense."

"You just don't understand, Arg. Here, read this pamphlet."

So much for the first dualist conversation that may have occurred among humanoids. Jasper uses wonderful witty aphorisms which had me cracking up... which reminds me F...if you realize the crack existed before the sidewalk you pretty much have it covered as long as you realize that 'you' in your reality existed before either.
Jasper
Hmmmm......eternum...interesting name....needs a nice s-word beginning to make it stand up straight me thinks? And I'm very happy to crack egg on my own face, but then monkey fur is pretty funny when wet to start with...so don't take my egg cracks too personally.... I never do....these earthworms are easy tagets...kinda like hunting rabbits under scud-light! See Iraq for de-tail! Don't see Bush to not!
Ahhh..and alas: nothing be as sweet as a resonating mind lost inside a chocolate box full of satirial lemons...so take you pick, but be very careful because I'm come fully equiped with an atomic shovel, and I ain't affraid of closets neither!
I kinda like you ...you cute little monkey! Spank you!

Just being playful back, so now let's get very serious...Naaaaaaaaaahhhh...the living are so much more fun, aren't they just?
flowerfairy
what i know about cracks and sidewalks is that humans created sidewalks so that they wouldn't have to walk in the dirt, but they created the sidewalks out of compressed dirt, so in essence we are walking on the dirt anyway, but it is compressed so it dosn't get all over us. we made the cracks in the sidewalk so that we could lay the sidewalk in easy squares, the cracks don't really have that much significance except that they are the pragmatic approach to laying out the pavement. so i guess this could be epitomal of life the way that humans live it... compressing things so that when we walk on them they don't get all over us. i don't know if that's what you were getting at, but that's what it made me think of.
flowerfairy
my post was directed towards eternum's last comment by the way...
flowerfairy
jasper... your comment "Science doesn't concentrate and instead it vomits stupid complex theories at white walls to see if they they can make life stick...and as a result quantum or holographic technology will never replicate life unless it considers water as water is water in water, no matter how times it seperated nor distorted! PHew,,,it hurts to even say it....but then we've all be white washed by science and religion." reminds me of a poem written by my friend jesse...

QUARRIED FROM THE MANTLE

Dissected and deserted,
It lays on a pan,
Ready to be eaten,
By a life form not of the sea,
But a creature of humanity,
Far away from he ocean,
Its bowels are cut out,
To teach the creature,
To learn its features,
Thrown into a fire,
And cooked,
To be eaten,
Without bowel infection,
The bacteria look for ways,
To enter the stomach,
And reach the tissue,
To take it over,
And spread beyond.
Space and Time.
To become everything

Eternum 1
I haven't thought about taking anything personally since my shorts got hauled down during an amateur bullfight in Mexico, Jasper..so we have that much in common including empathy for fuzzy critters. Sternum could suit me just as well but latin monikers make me feel like quasimoto in my bell tower. Sort of like the treasure house sea monkeys they used to advertise on the backs of DC comics ..aint that special.

Why approach those sarterial chocloates in a serious way anyhoo, they took all the fun out of it when they put a diagram on the inside of the lid..now I dip them in malt beer and pick them out with a lobster fork while blindfolded.

Thanks for your interpretation of my post Flowerfiary and like you, if I was thinking in concrete terms (pun intended) it stands. The crack in this case is the concept of the existence of no-thing,,,ie the fabric of space existing before gravity caused this flying lump of space garbage to stick together long enough for us relatively hairless apes to hitch a ride. In such a model the crack is everything while the sidewalk is a temporary black hole in the crack. If this doesnt seem logical well fuhgedaboutit and think of Lewis Caroll when he wrote of the King asking Alice what she saw down the road..."I see nobody, she replied....Isn't that wonderful said the King, to see nobody, and at that distance too."

Such is the truth of our shared perceptions of reality which are based on probabilities ocurring like gravity and assuming its a universal law which it isnt. I see nobody.

Dan
sounds like you are talking about the 'empty set' of mathematics, eternum
Robert the Bruce
Dear ET

Does this cover the continuum you are talking about?

http://www.thegreatestsecret.com/NewsClip1.htm
Jasper
Alas, I too love a good bull fight sternum....but then I knew you'd pick, and never bend nor brake any ring!
Monkey eggs...malts lovely little lobster craves: but this be pork on your pretty tongue, and I'm here to show you how to smile without showing your pretty teeth. We're confusing the poor dears though, so let's step outside the square both you and I and wrestle in the pitch black sky!
Why else would I be here...love her!

And flower fairy, this reminds me of a very close friend of mine also

I realize that I never look into myself
I looked on yours
and I didn't see myself
I saw myself reflected in your actions
and driven by a sense of contrition
applied my actions to all our both results

The Click...the Bang...the bullet
The Suicidal nihilist
Eternum 1
Verily, Dan and infinite zero is the egg a the end of 9 innings. Bring your sister up to see my collection of Quetzalcoatl etchings...

Dear Robert:

I've been checking it out since CC forwarded the addy....I think I'm still operating on intuition but then what is intuition, exactly.

I'm not related to the Cheshire, Jasper, even my smile disappears except in your mind where it was waiting all along. FYI, the bullfight actually happened although it suits as metaphor as well.....and lobsters, well they are the scarabs of the pyramids beneath the sea...sort of enjoy life but clean up after the party housekeeping critters...monkeys hurl scat like pious priests at each other...if this confuzzles a pilgrim all the better IMO...better they doubt their sanity by proxy then confirm it to the other inmates.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am