Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can films expand consciousness?
BrainMeta.com Forum > Enhancing Consciousness and Cognition > Expanding Consciousness
unconvincingmonkey
Hi all, found this site in the course of my research into a film experiment and have found it enormously useful.

But I have many questions unanswered, and am finding it very difficult to wade through the (90% nonsense) I find on consciousness, reality and suchlike. Even harder to find anything that relates this with film, or even connects to film in some way.

As a film-lover (and almost film-maker) I believe film has an established ability to represent and explore consciousness, but am interested in whether film can expand consciousness.

A little background about my endeavour: I am attempting to make a film about a guy undergoing a nervous breakdown/psychotic episode/spiritual awakening, set during this process.
The guy's experience is intended to be analogous (macroscopically) to the coming global apocalypse (i.e. consciousness singularity/paradigm shift/turning point (or whatever you want to call it)), or microscopically to the process of reality perception, change, understanding and assimilation we experience minutely moment to moment.

Pretty hard to explain what I am trying to do really, so I wont say too much. My web meanderings have turned up a film called 'what the bleep do we know'. I think I am trying to do what that film attempts to do, but (appears to) fail to do. From the reviews I have read this film seems like its trying to expand consciousness by laboured explaining, whereas I am intending to actually give the audience an experience much like enthogens or meditation.

It may be useful to provide examples of other artist's media that I consider to be consciousness expanding:

Music: Captain Beefheart, Jimi Hendrix
Writing: Burroughs, Orwell,
Film: David Lynch, Stan Brakhage, Maya Deren

Any ideas, links, suggestions, film recommendations etc. very gratefully received.
Rick
QUOTE (unconvincingmonkey @ Nov 11, 10:18 PM)
... whether film can expand consciousness.

The first film that attempts this, I think, came out in '67 or '68 and was called "The Trip" with Peter Fonda. Another film to consider is the animated feature film (~1972) called "Fantastic Planet." A film-maker attempting your project should be familiar with those two, I think.
Unknown
Watch the movie Waking Life. It's all you'll need.
Unknown
ta all, will go get them!
Robert the Bruce
Here is the kind of meeting you might consider.

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: The Most Significant Event of My Life:

Lydia was enjoying the effect she was having at all levels of human existence and what transpired between us cannot in its entirety be told due to limited space and the fact that she has a husband. They have an understanding about her different approach to life due to the fact that he is an Arhat, or what I have seen called a Rishi or Mahatma. The contemplative life that some ridicule as being 'contemplating one's navel' is a valid PATH as well. It is not one that suits all people and Lydia and her husband (who I met a couple of months later) have a good relationship beyond any ordinary persons' comprehension. She spoke about what she meant by 'householder' as we both allowed Sean to let what had happened sink in, in case he needed to ask some questions.

"A 'householder' needs to FILL themself with knowledge and intensity. Sometimes it is called the Bodhisattva way, but there are many ways to be a Bodhisattva like Buddha. Such titles have a lot of 'garbage' associated with them as well. I have 'dematerialized' more than once and I am not so attached to this often puerile existence of physicality. My husband and I have developed a 'sutra' and he is an Arhat."

My mouth was probably more than a little open, and Sean was unable to comprehend what he was hearing. I can honestly say it required no ESP or even a minor amount of intuition to grasp the reality of his dumbfoundedness. I had felt a little confusion about a 'husband' but thought I understood an Arhat would not be 'into' jealousy and physical pleasure. I was already becoming infatuated or enchanted and later I found I was unable to handle the fact that she was committed to someone else. At this instant I was aware we needed to make some sense of the whole experience for Sean so I asked: "Do you know what a SUTRA is, Sean?"

"I've heard about the Kama Sutra and I guess it is a way to greater spiritual enlightenment."

Lydia smiled and put her hand on my shoulders as I sat between them. She pushed me back a little so she could look into Sean's eyes and left her hand on my shoulder and squeezed it in a manner that comforted me greatly. "Yes, most people have heard about the Kama, and it is a path to Enlightenment I guess. Enlightenment is a never-ending pursuit and the truth is, most 'sutras' are a means to discipline the physical body and allow the spirit or soul a greater access to the individual. Then there is a kind of bridge that can avail a focus and greater INTENT that combined with a higher PURPOSE provided by the TAO or God or whatever you want to try to limit it by with words, can lead one to some truly awesome worlds or dimensions."

"When you de-materialize is it greatly different from astral travel?" I asked even though I knew she was trying to get Sean settled and OK before he left our company. I really wanted to know the answer to a lot of things myself, and was being a little greedy.

"See, Sean; Bob needs knowledge so much he even 'butts in' when I'm talking and trying to get to where I can deal with his questions alone." She smiled a mischievous smile that made Sean feel much more comfortable in the knowledge that WE weren't after him or trying to set him up.

"Anyway, as I WAS saying before I was so rudely interrupted." She squeezed the muscles on my upper arm and touched the psychic point I've talked about before. "Our sutra is mountain-climbing and it requires a great deal of discipline and training, as I'm sure you can imagine. And Bob, I'll take you to one of the other dimensions and show you that it is more like here than you might imagine. It seems a lot like astral travel and the same process of energy is involved a little. I have heard it described as a parallel universe of sorts, but there are levels and different conscious entities galore. I like to visit Aleister Crowley's favourite lake in the Swiss Alps, would you like to go there?"

"Of course. I'd love to go anywhere you take me." I was not being coy and neither of them remarked on it. "Sean, Have you heard the name Aleister Crowley?"

"Bob! I think this is ALL, way over my head... I would like to know a little more about Lydia in common everyday terms like school and upbringing. I think that will help me put my mind around all of what you have said Lydia."

"OK, Sean. I'll give you a precis of my life. I was close to death just before the age of eighteen from taking drugs to deal with a marriage to a bigamist. He forced me to do things with he and his other wives or mistresses. I was raised a Mormon. Then I went on the road as a dancer and fronted for a band that Jerry Manfredi who was with the 'Doors' organized. We opened for 'Rush' on their first world tour. I notice Bob talks a little like a Canadian, and Getty Lee and I had something for a while. I left them in Japan and went to Thailand. I still own one half of a pleasure palace there; my partner backed me in an import-export business that was doing as much as $750,000,000 a year which I sold a couple of years ago. I imported Oriental furnishings to the States. After eight years in Thailand I came to live in Phoenix where we still own four lots and a house on Camelback Mountain. I took International Business Management and have my Masters degree."

"You look a lot like Helen Hunt of 'Mad About You'. How old are you?" I asked as I marveled at all that she had said.

Lydia smiled and said. "He doesn't have a lot of social skills does he Sean. You aren't supposed to ask a lady that question, Bob. But I am thirty two."

"I think I'll leave the two of you now. Thank you very much! Both of you will be the highlight of my trip around this world, you have made me aware that it is much smaller, and the universe much more where I really live, than I ever imagined I would SEE."

We said our goodbyes and wished Sean well. Lydia gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek while I shook his hand and looked him deep in the eyes. To say the LEAST I got more than an interview with an ascended master. It is hard to describe the re-working of my emotional or neural pathways and the depth of courage that I was found wanting in, or unable to face. When Lydia took me to Crowley's lake I saw her blue jeaned bum in front of me walking on a path alongside a stream leading to the lake. There were fish that jumped out of the water in large numbers and 'flipped' (as she called it) from tail to head like gymnasts. Love was abundant and in all things!

I needed to challenge her and told her how I had seen some fish. She described their actions and happiness at seeing her to a tee. There is no question that she took me there during a sleep state, days in between when we were able to get together. The speed at which we traveled to this place so far away was probably light speed if not faster. It is possible it was instantaneous or a folding of space. This is not the same as what I have experienced in my normal astral travel, but similar. I cannot say with absolute certainty that she was able to 'de-materialize' in that I did not witness it. But much as a turn of the century psychiatrist by the name of R. M. Bucke recounts a 'dematerializer' who did it 29 times before all kinds of skeptics; she said each time she went there was one step closer to 'never coming back'. His book was an early eye-opener for me, and it is called Cosmic Consciousness which I wrote about in reference to Ed Zile calling me 'the Cosmic Kid' near the beginning of this book.

As I would drive to San Diego early in the morning before the sun came up I could feel her getting up and doing her regular meditation when the sun rose. This is a very mystical time of day for propitious attunements. Sometimes I would be with her for most of the three hour drive, and it was MORE than if she had been an ordinary person talking with me as I drove. This went on for about a month and no longer existed after we said our goodbyes, when it became apparent I was almost 'obsessing' about her at an emotional or soulful level. I could intellectually handle the fact that our future would only include occasional times together when it fit her schedule. I could handle sharing her. I guess it was the time apart and the MASSIVE and ENGULFING loneliness when she wasn't 'connecting' with me (which as I have said she did not need to be with me physically in order to do) that made thoughts of a future, less than I needed.

How, for example could anyone else ever, compete with HER? How could I have an other relationship? She 'filled my chakras' and created a place where I could be with her, when I needed her, at the last time we saw each other. Where this place is, I cannot say for sure. It might be within me, or another dimension. It is not the close 'connectedness' that I had grown to cherish, or obsess about. Her 'charms' were so plentiful as to make mere words seem pubescent. It was in 'the doing' of things that she excelled, though she was very knowledgeable and able to compete intellectually or add to anything I talked about, it was her 'charms' and soulful touching that 'blew me away'. A couple of years later when Sherry visited me while Barbi was at her mothers (during her major issue-facing period that I thought would lead to our break-up) place in Panama City, Sherry and I went to Mount Charleston. We had a lunch on the patio surrounded by mountain peaks and cool breezes.

These are not the same mountains that Lydia helped me to 'grok' or become friends with during my morning drives to Southern California. I had read Carlos Castaneda's works that deal with the spirit or amber rays that connect all matter and had a true wise and warm interplay with those mountains for years. This restaurant is a popular respite from the valley heat that I often enjoyed taking a half hour drive through the changing vegetation and climate to be with. I was trying to tell Sherry about the impact Lydia had had on my life and I sensed that our waiter was associated with her mountain climbing sutra. People from allover the world came to be with her and her husband and a growing community of 'seekers' that she was building. I told Sherry my feeling and she was sure I was just imagining things. He came to take our order and I asked him if he knew Lydia.

"I have not met her personally but I have met her husband. Do you know her?" He asked with a somewhat reverent and almost worshipful tone in his voice.

"You could say I know her. If anyone can know such a person." My response matched his sense of worship of her greatness, and Sherry saw another example of what life can be and WAS (still is) for me.

In order to bring some semblance of normative 'reality' back to this discussion of things definitely other worldly I shall take a brief quote from archaeology. Then we will deal with Joyce Hood who I mentioned earlier is connected to Lydia in some way as well.

In 'Secrets of the Ice Age' by Evan Hadingham from 1975 and page 75 he reports the following.

"One of the most remarkable recent finds took place in the suburbs of Vladamir near Moscow, at a site known as Sungir... well preserved burials dated to 23,000 B.C... It is not known how the Paleolithic craftsmen managed to straighten the natural curvature of mammoth tusks to produce these remarkable weapons."

That is true. There are many things modern science doesn't know and doesn't want to consider. How can we maintain our high opinion of ourselves in the evolutionary order or the intellect vs. soulful knowledge game of ego, if we examine the possibility of spiritual 'rocks' and other matter? We are clearly not as perfect as we should be, and perfection at a psychological or soulful level is not worth trying to achieve if one EXPECTS or stresses about it. However, it is necessary as a society for us to aim high and use the ethics of LOVE to try to achieve perfection. I have only briefly touched upon a number of things relating to the attunement with sub-atomic matter that may be connected to my mountains and these mammoth tusks. Some of these things include the Murrhine vases, 'rock-making', the 'Philosopher’s Stone', anti-earthquake engineering, 'laying on' of hands, psychic surgery and the biggest one of all 'direct cognition'. Findhorn’s leprechauns and large plants of today, are only a 'glimpse' into the world of spirits, elementals and the 'consciousness' within every nucleus that quantum or 'chaos' scientists of today have recently re-embarked upon.

One night about two o'clock in the morning I stopped listening to some mind-expanding 'tunes'. I stood up to conduct my 'attunement' meditation in order to express my love for Lydia. I was breathing deeply and moving my outstretched arms from side to front to back while turning my torso but not my feet. My hands were turning (as receptors of energy) from the earth to the sky in coordination with the in and then out of the breathing. I thought and expressed my desire to be 'connected' to all the spirits and allies, friends and LOVE that was within my 'selves' and the world relating to me. BOO stayed on the couch where I had been sitting. It was an intense feeling that made me feel great before going to bed to 'travel' after cuddling with BOO!

The next day I got a phone call from Joyce who I had not spoken to or seen since before I moved to Las Vegas, at least six months before. Joyce is the 'flat-bottom girl' with the unusual 'gift' of total sensory recall. This is the only person I have ever met or even read about who has such a 'gift' and I am not sure she had it with many other men, if any. This gift can produce some intense feeling for someone like me who enjoys pleasing a woman. I remember touching her psychic points and giving her energy after we had made love and I was worn out. I would then tell her to remember what we had done, not just that time but other times in other places as well, when different techniques or positions were involved. Each time she was about to have an orgasm I would do something to change her focus, such as kissing her while looking deep into her eyes. For those who have heard about the Indian 'rope-trick' and know the impact of withholds I am sure you can imagine how enervating this was for me.

Her voice was fraught with fear and she knew that I might be the only person 'weird enough' to explain IT. IT was the event that she had been wakened by that night or early morning which she had been fretting about ever since. She told me how she awoke to the sounds of the bed she had been sleeping on moving across the floor. She described these sounds as if it were metal screeching on metal. Therefore I asked her if she was SURE she was awake. She had no knowledge of astral travel or metaphysics in general. She maintained she was sure she had been asleep and was awake when she heard these sounds. Then when she heard the noises she began to see a ghostly apparition appear in the room in front of the window, with its louvered blinds shut tight, she screamed at the top of her voice.

I asked her if her friend Melanie {who had been with her the night I met Joyce and read their palms) whose place she was sleeping at, was able to confirm the screams. She said Melanie said she had heard nothing but that that didn't mean she hadn't screamed. I could she was 'fixed' on the opinion that fear had driven her to reach. She had been going over it with Melanie all morning. Melanie had suggested she get in touch with me. I had told her that we were through and that we would never see each other again so that she would try to find a new love when I had seen her last. We had only one thing going for US. I had not given her my number and I had been surprised to get her call that morning. She always maintained that I would change my opinion and settle for someone who REALLY loved me, rather than chasing psychic or spiritual 'unions'. She had called at least three other Robert Bairds before she got hold of me.

This ghostly apparition seemed, from her description to be more solid than most ghosts. I questioned her to get an idea of its possible ectoplasmic nature and whether there was a chill associated with it. She said she had felt no chill and that it seemed solid beyond light in a dark room and almost like chiffon. When she explained that it seemed to be turning back and forth in a 'rotating' fashion, I thought about what I had been doing before coming to bed. Then I honed in on the exact time (though blockages can delay the reception like a fax 'on hold') which was apparently simultaneous with my 'attunement' with all my loves and guides, especially Lydia.

I told her that I thought she had been asleep when she heard the sounds and she had been astrally traveling (which everyone does) even if unconscious of it. The noises I told her often relate to the astral body being brought back by an unusual energy. She nearly refused to consider this because that was the thing that seemed to scare her the most. She calmed down noticeably when she heard me say that the vision was my soul or solar body that I had unwittingly sent out due to an adept I was trying to reach. In response to her varied insistences that she was awake when the noises came and she had screamed at the 'top of her lungs'; I eventually determined that she had seen the vision but was asleep for the screams. She chose the moment of our having reached each other in this way as a sign of our 'closeness' and began to remember and conduct a phone sex cum total body recall event that focused on when I had sucked her psychic point on the upper arm. This was a most pleasant end to her fright night and I have never talked to her since.

Bi-location or being in two places at once is something I am sure a disciplined adept who worked on the sending of a solar body could and can achieve. Jack the Bodiless or Jesus on the road after the crucifixion, how many complex ways these different yet similar 'realities' interact and enable our souls is something the ancients knew far better than even the best adepts of today. There is a well documented case of Pythagoras being able to bi-locate.

Imagine this if you can. Stanford has dumped down the total memory and maybe consciousness (1999) to a microchip. Oak Ridges National Labs have biological and chlorophyll receptor solar cells from spinach that can be wired together to make a complex entity. Can these things be interjected with genetic material like the cloning has done? Will these machines be able to harness the solar body 'collective consciousness' of every atom? In conjunction with quantum effect teleportation from April 2000's issue of Scientific American such machines will be able to do time travel of a virtual nature in conjunction with holography. The possibility of such things in our near future is not being discussed in politics, the media and especially schools.

The ancient Druids were not just using hypnosis when they created 'phantom armies' and used their harps to focus 'harmonic force' such as the 'Lost Chord'. The walls of Jericho were probably brought down by this same harmonic force. The importance of the quantum physical research that recognizes "Aum' or the "Holy SPIRIT" presaged the nature of the construction of matter, and consciousness as a penultimate reality has opened the proverbial Pandora's Box. It has done this by uniting the worlds of matter and spirit under the gaze of intellectual speculation. It has done this without the necessary moral or ethical prerequisites! I had many discussions with Lydia about matter and energy as I was reading books by Murry Hope and the University of the Trees whose book Time, Energy and Matter is worth a glance or three, as well as reading some of her beloved Dharmas. I look forward to the next realm where such feelings as I shared with her are commonplace. And I do not necessarily think that my personality is what is going to feel her and all the love in those realms. In fact, I think our soul seldom is appreciated or fully understood and beyond the limbo state it is only the soul that continues the growth towards what we really are, or are part of.
Unknown
QUOTE (Robert the Bruce @ Nov 13, 01:48 PM)
Bucke recounts a 'dematerializer' who did it 29 times before all kinds of skeptics; she said each time she went there was one step closer to 'never coming back'. His book was an early eye-opener for me, and it is called Cosmic Consciousness which I wrote about in reference to Ed Zile calling me 'the Cosmic Kid' near the beginning of this book.

I read Bucke's book and it says nothing about dematerializing. What are you talking about RTB?

Also I read your entire essay and sound to me like you have a little crush on Lydia and that you got turned on by her beguiling feminine charm. Ain't that Sweet!
(and rather commonplace now isn't it?) It's nice to hear that you enjoy the opposite sex since I figured you as a misanthrope based on your interactions with others here, but even you should be able to see that, in your actions described above, that your 'little head' was doing all the leading and thinking for you. Your 'bigger head' may enjoy misinterpreting your experience described above as something mystical and super duper special, but in reality, having those special moments with individuals of the opposite sex is rather commonplace. It doesn't necessarily lessen the value of the experience, but it should put things in better perspective.
Robert the Bruce
Dear Un
You are not capable of reading if you think Buscke did not recount that event. We actually have had this particular piece up here for months and we did a torough investigation of Cosmic Consciousness if you would look.

As to a crush - your capacity to understate and ridicule the situation is cute but foolish at best.
Unknown
QUOTE (Robert the Bruce @ Nov 13, 04:40 PM)
Dear Un
You are not capable of reading if you think Buscke did not recount that event. We actually have had this particular piece up here for months and we did a torough investigation of Cosmic Consciousness if you would look.

As to a crush - your capacity to understate and ridicule the situation is cute but foolish at best.

RTB, why don't you try referencing the pages in Bucke's 'Cosmic Consciousness' where he talks about dematerializing? If you can, then you're right and I recant my criticism. However, I have read the book and have just scanned through it now looking for the dematerializing you mentioned, and I still maintain that Bucke says nothing of the sort. So show your proof if you have it. What pages and line numbers are you referring to in Bucke's book?

As to crush - your capacity to realism and empathy is cute but amateurish at best. Sorry to burst your bubble, boy.
Robert the Bruce
Dear Un

Your attitude and ridicule is not addressing facts and I await you acting in some manner worth addressing facts with.
Dan
'un' asked you to prove your claim concerning Bucke. Isn't this 'addressing the facts'? If it isn't, what is?
Unknown
I don't think RTB has any proof. That's kind of funny. It seems like part of his strategy involves drowning his readers in endless verbiage which he is unable to back up, provide references for, or otherwise prove. When you catch him on this, he blows you off and goes off spewing more verbiage which he is unable to backup, reference, or prove. The cycle continues.

Do you think this strategy is really effective, RTB?
Dan
his strategy works just fine for his target audience (new-age/conspiracy nutters), but it wouldn't stand two seconds in any credible journal.
Robert the Bruce
As the information on Bucke proves - yes, no so-called credible journal that has people who (like you) have bought the farm - will allow truth to be told. But the times they are a changing and your kind will fight hard to keep the lie alive.
Robert the Bruce
Unknown and not knowing - yes - so credible - and neither address the facts while asking for references which when supplied are not read. HMMM. I see a motive and fear factor here. Good thing for the world there are more best-selling suthors, Nobel Laureates and truth-tellers that are on my side - eh?

Doesn't that rot your socks?
Robert the Bruce
I made no claim concerning Bucke - if you read. No what I claimed involved someone else that Bucke was part of the team to report upon. Unknown incorrectly stated that I said it was in Cosmic Consciousness and it may have been. But here is what I said.

But much as a turn of the century psychiatrist by the name of R. M. Bucke recounts a 'dematerializer' who did it 29 times before all kinds of skeptics; she said each time she went there was one step closer to 'never coming back'. His book was an early eye-opener for me, and it is called Cosmic Consciousness

So if you could read you would see I do not say it was in that book - though it may be.

Similar claims occur around the same time with Daniel Dunglas Home - check him out. Also witnessed by scientists of the top calibre.

Oh I forgot you don't know how to do that!
Robert the Bruce
I was sure I posted this here somewhere but I'll post it again. Got to go watch b'ball guys. This shows the liars like Dan and his peer reviewers at work again. Revising facts as well as negating them.

�Dr. Bucke, whose name is almost unknown in psychiatry or psychology today, perhaps because he was an avowed mystic, was president of both the Canadian and the American Medico-Psychological Associations of his day. Yet, today, one never even finds his name in the indexes of books in these fields. So extreme, it seems, is the prejudice against mystical and religious experience, that its great expositors were totally "excised" from history! One will search in vain in "modern" psychology textbooks for any references to "mystical," "religious," or "cosmic consciousness." The "psychological sciences" omit completely the spiritual, for which there exists more than ample evidence in the history of all cultures of humankind. Bucke was to eventually become the greatest psychologist of spiritual experience.� (13)
Dan
So that book doesn't contain the claim. But surely something does? else how could you 'report' it? Perhaps you can give the reference for the claim instead of sidestepping? btw, what exactly is the above quote taken from? I hope it isn't from your 'work'
Unknown
But the premise behind dematerization is based on idea of the cosmic consciousness, is it not?

So if you could read you would see I do not say it was in that book

Obviously they cannot, as I have previously seen with Dan asking for a source you clearly gave.
Seeing how Dan has his avatar as popular cartoon drunks, it must be a sign of his regular dameanor.

Dave
Robert the Bruce
Dear Dan

You could find it just as easy as pie - but you don't try to discern the truth do you.
Robert the Bruce
Dear Dave

I suppose you could say that. Indeed it is connected to Cosmic Consciousness and a thousand other things I learned and studied since reading that book as a teenager.
Rajesh
I think, any movie or TV show has one or both of the following objectives:
1) Information delivery
2) Conscious expansion

One of the above can be a prime objective and other can be secondary.

If a movie/TVshow has only Information delivery then the viewer will sleep off or change the channel, which ever is possible smile.gif
Dakota
Well, I started out like I had something really beautiful and meaningful to say about the correlation between neuroscience and mysticism and the ballance between the two and the eventuallity of the singularity, expanding but, when I wrote it down it seemed both void of any true essence and ultimatlely beyond my reach at this time. It was a very beautiful thought though-full of ironic parodoxes, intimate relation and all that good stuff that I felt I wanted to share with the world; but then fell into an abyss of meaningless contradiction that seemed to bouce off and fade away spontaneously, without a trace or any purpose.

Yes, sometimes I feel...we are all heading towards this new spell of the universe, that needs no introduction. And I know I have nothing to say about it. All of my existence I cannot remember and wish to let it go, to make way for greater perfection on an infinite scale that rises...to great depths!

Once again I say too much for being so little. How can I say anything, ANYTHING- when I myself am lost in a dream, that only I can escape from.

There is something in this day to day that goes neglected, myself and otheres; always trying to say it-always missing it. Sensing the opposing conflict that surrounds my imperfections, stalking me relentlessly as if I were the only one who didn't know. As if it loved and hated me so much that it would explode on contact in all directions.

Not happy-not sad. Just nothing to say about anything. Nowhere to go but anywhere; but this dream. Dream of good or bad, it all seems diabolical and artificial; the pains and pleasures are oblivious of one-another and selfish in their conquest. Great Joy and sadness simultaneously: Is this great confusion or great realization; is there such a distinction to begin with. Are my statements and questions pure nonsense or pure brilliance? Who's to say, I am a fool, I am a genious"? Is there any base from witch to climb to either conclusion witout fooling yourself?

Dakota
rhymer
Hello Dakota,

I suspect the point you are trying to get across is that , "sometimes when I am thinking it is like chalking monumentous revelations on a blackboard, only to realise eventually that there a wiper following my hand as it writes"!
The board is as clean when I have finished as when I started, and I wonder where all the gems went.

regarding films effects on humans -

they can educate, titillate, indoctrinate, inspire or appal!
Dakota
Oh! Oops, I thought this was the (expanding conciousness) board. I must have goofed up somehow. Oh well, I guess it applies here as well. Thank you for the comment though rhymer. It is much like that. A void that allows creation and inspiration only to be destroyed by your own hand. I like your anology.

peace
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am